How do I apply for services?

To open a new account you must complete our Application and Agreement for City Water and Republic Services. The following information is required on the application:

  • Full name of resident
  • Current telephone number
  • Valid email address
  • Driver’s license 
  • Service address
    • Lease agreement
    • Closing disclosure 

A minimum deposit of $125 inside the city limits and $150 outside the city limits is required for residential accounts. The deposit can be waived for residential accounts if the following criteria apply:

  • The customer has had at least 24 consecutive months of utility service with the City of Schertz within the previous 24 month period without ANY late payments

The deposit may be refunded after two years if the customer maintains a good payment history. Commercial account deposits can only be refunded at account termination. They are not eligible to be refunded while the account is still active.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for services?
2. Where do I go to set up service?
3. Is there a deposit required to set up residential and/or commercial services?
4. Can my deposit be waived?
5. How do I discontinue utility services?
6. Do I need to be here when services are connected or restored after a cutoff?
7. My water bill has been significantly higher than normal. Could this indicate that I have a leak?
8. Do you have a night drop box?
9. Do you offer a partial leak credit?
10. How do you calculate sewer average?
11. What if I fill my pool or had a leak during sewer averaging?
12. Can I pay my utility bill online?
13. What can I do if I am unable to pay my utility bill by the due date?
14. Who do I contact about missed garbage or bulk pickup?
15. When is the penalty notice issued and when is the fee applied?
16. What is the city’s policy when the due date falls on a weekend?
17. Does the city offer grace periods?
18. What are the billing cycle read dates, billing dates, due dates, penalty dates, and turn off dates?