Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to practice social distancing and avoid introducing COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to our susceptible populations.
The Schertz Public Library will be closed until further notice.
At this time, the Library is closed to the public. However, we can still help!
- Need a library card?
- Register online to get a digital library card. You’ll be able to access all our digital resources in no time!
- Need to return a physical item?
- Our drive-up item return is available 24/7, and is located on the side of our building facing Elbel Rd.
- We will also not be charging any late fines for materials due in the time period we are currently closed.
- Need a tax form?
- Wanted to pick up an item you have on hold?
- We will be offering curbside holds pickup for existing library cardholders between 11 AM-1 PM and 4-6 PM beginning Tuesday, March 17th- Friday March 20th. If you have an active hold or several, library staff will be reaching out via telephone to coordinate which pick-up time works for you. Typically holds are active within 24 hours of the hold being placed. Didn’t make it over for your holds? Don’t worry, we will keep them on the shelves until we resume normal operations, at which point you will have a week to make it over.
- Need a good book to read or movie to watch?
- Wanted to browse our new physical items?
- Needed to use our space to congregate with a group?
For more free things to do while practicing social distancing
Distance Learning Resources & Ideas for K-12 School Closures
Tools for virtual and distance learning, free subscriptions from educational companies, picture-book read-alouds and more; resources collected by Texas Association of School Librarians (TASL) leadership.
Resources for at Home Activities
Selection of resources from organizations offering free services and activities!
the City of Schertz will be modifying activities and schedules as listed below:
The City will be canceling the following city-sponsored social activities and will re-evaluate further cancellations weekly:
- Movin on Main (April 5)
- Breakfast with the Heat at Schertz Family YMCA (March 21)
- Star Party (March 28)
- Movie in the Park (March 28)
- Easter Egg-stravaganza (April 3)
- Schertz EMS First Aid, CPR, and C.R.A.S.E. and Stop the Bleed classes
Updates or changes will be provided via City social media pages and Schertz.com as they become available.
If you have any questions, call 311 during normal business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The risk for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in our area is still low, and emergency management officials continue to monitor the situation daily. City officials would like to encourage residents to stay informed on the latest developments surrounding COVID-19 by monitoring information provided by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). For more information in our area, visit sanantonio.gov/Health/News/Alerts/CoronaVirus.
View Special Called City Council Meeting Video