In observance of the Independence Day holiday there will be several City closures and/or adjusted hours of operation on July 4 & 5.
All City offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5. Offices will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 8.
- The Schertz Public Library will be closed on July 4 & 5. The Library will reopen on Saturday, July 6 at 10:00 a.m.
- The Schertz Area Senior Center will be closed July 4 & 5. The center will reopen at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, July 8.
- City recreation facilities and the Schertz Aquatics Center will be open from 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. on July 4, and will resume normal operating hours July 5.
- Pickrell Park Pool will only be open during the Float & Fireworks event from 6:00 - 10:00 p.m. on July 4 (Wristband purchase required), and will resume normal operating hours July 5.
- Wendy Swan Memorial Park Pool will be closed on July 4, and will resume normal operating hours on July 5.
- The Schertz Animal Adoption Center will be closed on July 4 & 5. The center will reopen on Saturday, July 6 at 10:00 a.m. Animal Services will have the adoption trailer out at the 4th of July Jubilee from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Republic Services will be running trash and recycling services as normal during this holiday closure. If you have any questions, please contact Republic Services at 210-304-2787.
Thank you for your patience and we wish everyone a wonderful and safe holiday!