• SCHERTZ & SURROUNDING AREAS •
Community & Social Service Resources
- 211 Texas Information Center for the State of Texas Information and Referral Search
- 311 Schertz Customer Relations
(210) 619-1000 or 311 (within Schertz)
- AACOG Alamo Service Connection - Provides information and referrals
210-477-3275 or 1-866-231-4922
Emergency Care, Shelter, Disaster
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline - Provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
Dial 988 or chat
- American Red Cross
3642 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX, 78219
- Bluebonnet Trails Community Services - 24 Hour Crisis Hotline for mental health and suicide prevention
- Boysville Inc - Provides children with safety and security through various programs such as emergency shelter, residential and foster care programs.
8555 E. Loop 1604 North, Converse, TX 78109
FAX (210) 659-6527
- Cibolo Police Department
162 Loop 539 E., P.O. Box 826, Cibolo, TX 78108 (210) 659-1999
- Guadalupe Valley Family Violence Shelter - Emergency shelter; crisis hotline; crisis counseling; advocacy.
1-800-834-2033 (24/7 Crisis Line), 830-372-2780 (Business Line)
- Salvation Army Emergency Family Shelter - Provides immediate, short-term housing for women and families experiencing homelessness in the San Antonio Area
521 W Elmira St. San Antonio, TX 78212
- SAMM Ministries - Homeless prevention services, transitional housing, rapid re-housing, and other supportive services.
5254 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX 78216
- Schertz Police Department
1400 Schertz Parkway, Schertz, Texas 78154
- Texas Prepares - Offers plans, checklists, evacuation routes, and other resources that assist with planning for disasters.
- Texas Suicide Prevention - Information and resources. If you need to talk or are concerned about someone else, please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). If someone is in immediate crisis, dial 911.
- United Way Guadalupe County
Job Preparedness, Career, Adult Learning
- Adult Education & Literacy - Offers the following courses English as a Second Language (ESL), English Literacy and Civics (EL Civics), Adult Basic Education/Adult Secondary Education (ABE/ASE) and Free Career and College Planning Services to residents of the following counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar (excluding Northside ISD, North East ISD, and San Antonio ISD), Comal, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Wilson and more!
- Alamo Workforce Solution - Provides resources that help individuals seeking employment.
4615 Walzem Road Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78218
FAX (210) 822-9623
- The Assessment Center at Northeast Lakeview College - Provides external and correspondence test proctoring services to students that need exams administered in a secure, proctored environment.
Student Commons Building (STCM 227)
1201 Kitty Hawk Rd., Universal City, Texas 78148
- Brainfuse Adult Learning Center - Log in with your Schertz Public Library card and use the high school equivalency preparation resources, prepare for the US Citizenship test, get Microsoft Office help, and write a resume with help from writing experts-FOR FREE!
- Goodwill-Careers Center - Services include job preparation, placement, retention and advancement.
3730 N. Loop 1604 East at Bulverde, San Antonio, TX 78247
- Schertz-Cibolo Universal City ISD
1060 Elbel Road, Schertz, TX 78154
- Texas Workforce Commission - Find full-time job employment, education opportunities, occupational or vocational training, and other resources.
4615 Walzem Road Suite 100, San Antonio, TX 78218
FAX (210) 822-9623
- TexShare Databases - Contact the Schertz Public Library for the log-in information to LearningExpress Library and the Job & Career Accelerator!
Financial Assistance, Family Counseling, Food Security, Home Management
- Any Baby Can - Provides support services through case management for children between birth to 17 years of age that have a chronic illness, developmental delay, health risk, or challenge.
*The child must reside in either Bexar, Atascosa, Bandera, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kimble, Medina, Real, Uvalde or Wilson County.
217 Howard Street, San Antonio, TX 78212
(210) 227-0170 FAX (830) 606-4141
- Catholic Charities and Guardianship Money Management Programs - Offers legal guardianship services, including less restrictive alternatives, for those who lack mental capacity due to illness or disability, and who are at risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation.
202 W. French Pl., San Antonio, Texas 78212
- Christian Assistance Ministry - CAM provides food, clothing, financial assistance, miscellaneous items, and referrals to other agencies for clients who qualify.
110 McCullough Avenue, San Antonio, Texas 78215
- Christian Cupboard - Provides food and other basic need items to those living in Guadalupe County.
516 North Camp, Seguin, TX 78155
- Community Council of South Central Texas, Community Services Program - Provides high utility assistance and case management to low-income individuals and households in Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Edwards, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, Live Oak, McMullen, Medina, Real, Uvalde, Val Verde, Wilson and Zavala Counties.
1201 W. Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
- Connections Individual and Family Services - Offers the Services to At-Risk Youth (STAR) Program which provides individual, family and group counseling that helps youth and their families recognize and use their strengths to address goals that are solution focused.
1414 W. San Antonio St., New Braunfels, TX 78130
PO Box 311268
- The Country Church Attic - Serves residents of Guadalupe County whose income falls within the federal poverty guidelines, enabling stability in their households by offering monthly assistance in food, clothing, and household items.
1005 W. FM 78, Marion, TX 78124
- Ella Austin Community Center -Individual and Family Services program provides short term emergency assistance to low income individuals and families in a crisis situation requiring immediate assistance with basic needs of food, clothing, utility and holiday assistance.
1023 N. Pine St., San Antonio, TX 78202
FAX (210) 229-9126
- Fair Housing Council of Greater San Antonio - Works to eliminate housing discrimination (landlord-tenant disputes) and ensure equitable housing opportunities.
4414 Centerview Drive, Suite 229, San Antonio, TX 78228
TOLL FREE 866-733-4953
- GRASP (Greater Randolph Area Services Program)- Qualified households receive emergency assistance for rent, utilities, food, and medicine.
250 Donalan, Converse, Texas 78109-1100
- Habitat for Humanity Guadalupe Valley - Guadalupe Valley Habitat for Humanity (GVHH) builds and improves homes in partnership with individuals and families in need of a decent and affordable place to live.
256 W. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155
- RACAP (Randolph Christian Assistance Program) - RACAP provides many forms of assistance such as food, rent assistance, prescription medications and utilities (electric, water & gas). Helps zip codes: 78108, 78109, 78124, 78132, 78148, 78154, 78233, 78247, & 78266.
307 Pfeil Street, Schertz, TX 78154
FAX (210) 658-3336
- San Antonio Food Bank - Provides food and grocery products to more than 500 partner agencies in 16 counties throughout Southwest Texas.
5200 Old Highway 90 West, San Antonio, TX 78227
(210) 337-3663 or 1-800-246-9121
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul - Provides limited rental assistance to eligible households.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Benefits Office - Provides TANF, Food Stamps and TANF-Related Medicaid Services.
109 Windy Meadows Drive, Schertz, TX 78217
Schertz & Surrounding Food Banks & Pantries:
- Christian Cupboard
516 North Camp, Seguin, TX 78155
- Everyday Christian Fellowship
950 N Main St, Cibolo, TX 78108
- Good Shepherd Catholic Church
1065 E Live Oak Rd, Schertz, TX 78154
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
409 West Krezdorn, Seguin, Texas 78155-4429
Citizenship, Immigration & Refugee Assistance, Legal Aid
- American Gateways - Provides free and low-cost legal representation to immigrants in Central Texas. Our clients are victims of family violence, asylum seekers, and victims of human trafficking.
5835 Callaghan Road, Suite 601, San Antonio, TX 78228
(512) 478-0546 ext 232 or ext 236
- Brainfuse Adult Learning Center - Log in with your Schertz Public Library card and prepare for the US Citizenship test-FOR FREE!
- Catholic Charities of San Antonio, Inc. (CCAOSA) - Provides reduced-fee support services to assist low-income immigrants in Central and South Texas. CCAOSA helps immigrants receive full benefits available to them under immigration laws.
Immigration Services 1801 W. César E. Chávez Blvd., San Antonio, Texas 78207
Refugee Services 202 W. French Pl., San Antonio, Texas 78212
- Center for Refugee Services- San Antonio - Provides resettled refugees with assistance with basic needs and educational services.
8703 Wurzbach Rd, STE. A-1, San Antonio, TX 78240
- RAICES (Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services) - Promotes justice by providing free and low-cost legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees in Central and South Texas.
5121 Crestway Dr. #105, San Antonio, TX 78239
- Rocket Languages - Schertz Public Library cardholders can use this interactive website to learn conversational language at their own pace.
- TexShare Databases - Contact the Schertz Public Library for the log-in information to LearningExpress Library where you can prepare for the U.S. citizenship exam! (210)619-1700
Legal & Conflict Resolution Services
Legal Aid, Legal Advice, Conflict Resolution
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid - Provides free legal services to low-income residents in sixty-eight counties of Southwest Texas, and represents migrant and seasonal farm workers throughout the state of Texas.
1111 N. Main Ave., San Antonio, TX 78212
- Volunteer Legal Services of Central Texas - Provides help with civil matters, such as consumer, employment, family, housing, landlord-tenant, bankruptcy, expunctions and non disclosures, probate, real property and wills cases. VLS is unable to help with criminal, immigration, contested probate, or fee-generating cases, such as personal injury matters.
Medical Care & Equipment, Transportation, Pregnancy Support
- Alamo Regional Transit -Provides public transportation bus service to all residents in the service region. Serves 12 rural counties – Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, Medina, McMullen, and Wilson. Service to and from Bexar County and San Antonio is also provided.
8700 Tesoro Drive, Suite 700, San Antonio, TX 78217-6228
FAX (210) 832-8785
- Case Management for Children and Pregnant Women - Helps find services for children (birth to age 20) and pregnant women who get Medicaid with health problems or at a high risk for getting health problems.
- CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Plan) - Offers low-cost health coverage for children from birth through age 18.
- Community Health Centers of South Central Texas, Inc. - An organization whose mission is to provide affordable high quality primary and preventive health care services to the people of Gonzales, Guadalupe, Caldwell and surrounding counties.
1201 W. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155
FAX (830) 379-0248
- Family & Community Health Programs-Texas Department of State Health Services - Programs and services that vary from adolescent health, children with special needs, genetics, oral health services, etc.
- Guadalupe Regional-PAP (Prescription Assistance Program) - Helps those with low of fixed incomes obtain free medications.
1215 E. Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
1-800-506-6394 | (830) 379-2411
- Medical Transportation Program-Texas Department of State Health Services - Many CSHCN Services Program clients can use the Medical Transportation Program (MTP) to get to their doctor’s office, drugstore, or any place that they get medical services. If you have no way to get to these places, MTP can help you.
- Seguin Sunset Lions ClubEyeglasses for the needy.
808 E. Pine Street, Seguin, TX
- Shriner’s Hospital for Children - An orthopedic hospital serving children- at no cost.
6977 Main Street, Houston, TX 77030-3701
- South Texas Pregnancy Center - Free and confidential pregnancy testing, limited first trimester ultrasounds, parenting classes, information and referrals.
975 W. Court Street, Seguin, TX 78155
- Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services - Programs with services for people who are blind or visually impaired.
4241 Woodcock Dr. # A-105, San Antonio, TX 78228
(800) 687-7039 | (210) 785-2750
Wildlife Rescue, Pet Adoption, Animal Control & Shelter
- Cibolo Animal Services - Animal Control officers conduct investigations into animal bite cases, animal attacks, and animal cruelty. Provides humane live traps to residents for trapping small nuisance wildlife and stray animals.
300 Cibolo Drive, Cibolo, TX 78108
210-619-1200 – (For after hours Emergency- Schertz Dispatch)
- Cibolo Animal Shelter
108 Cibolo Dr Bldg 3, Cibolo, TX 78108
- Homes for Pets - Dedicated to companion animal rescue and community education.
- Schertz Animal Services - Provides shelter services, animal adoptions, pet licenses and enforces the City’s Animal Ordinance and Texas Laws relating to animals and investigates animal cruelty and neglect.
800 Community Circle, Schertz, TX 78154
Senior & Elderly Support
- Alamo Area Agency on Aging (AAAA) - Services provided includes congregate meals, home-delivered meals, benefits counseling, care coordination, legal assistance, nutrition and counseling and training, caregiver support, and transportation services. Services the following counties: Atascosa, Bandera, Comal, Frio, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Karnes, Kendall, Kerr, McMullen, Medina, and Wilson.
8700 Tesoro Dr, Suite 700, San Antonio, TX 78217
FAX (210) 225-5937
- CCSCT Aging Program - Services provided in this program are congregate meals, home-delivered meals, nutrition education, and information & referral assistance. The program serves 6 rural counties – Atascosa, Comal, Frio, Guadalupe, Karnes, McMullen, and Wilson.
1410 E. Court St., Seguin, TX 78155
- Ella Austin Community Center - Senior Services Program offers senior citizens, 60 years and over an opportunity to eat healthy meals, socialize, stay active and be able to lead a healthier lifestyle.
1023 N. Pine St., San Antonio, TX 78202
FAX (210) 229-9126
- Schertz Area Senior Center - Provide comprehensive services to help you stay independent and active for $36 per year.
608 Schertz Pkwy, Schertz, TX 78154
- Texas Adult Protective Services (APS) -APS investigates abuse, neglect, and exploitation of adults who are elderly or have disabilities. Any adult who has a disability or who is age 65 or older over that is in a state of abuse, neglect, or exploitation is eligible to receive adult protective services.
Disability Assistance, Support Services, Rehabilitation
- Blind Services-Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services - Assists blind or visually impaired individuals and their families. Depending upon their goals and needs, DBS offers services to help regain independence or find a job.
4241 Woodcock Dr., # A-105, San Antonio, TX 78228
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing-Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services - Works in partnership with people who are deaf or hard of hearing to eliminate societal and communication barriers to improve equal access for people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
4900 N. Lamar, Suite 2169 Austin, Texas 78751
PO Box 12904, Austin, Texas 78711
Voice (512) 407-3250
TTY (512) 407-3251
- Disability Determination Services-Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services - Has the mission “to improve the quality of life for Texans with disabilities who apply for or receive SSA disability benefits, by making timely and accurate disability determinations.”
(512) 437-8000 or 1-800-252-7009
- Talking Books Program - Providing free library service to Texans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical, or reading disabilities-whether permanent or temporary. Our books are available on digital cartridge, Braille, large print, and cassette, and we loan playback equipment to be used with TBP materials. Contact your local librarians about it today!
Lizzi Bertoia (210) 619-1725
- Workforce Solutions Alamo / Texas Workforce Solutions- A vocational rehabilitation program partnership that supports people with disabilities to prepare for, obtain, maintain and advance in meaningful employment by providing a range of services based on an individual’s employment goals. Contact your nearest Texas Workforce Solutions (TWC) Vocational Rehabilitatoin Services office through their online locator OR contact TWC Vocational Rehabilitation Inquiries at 512-936-6400. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, phone, and address to apply for services.
Veteran Benefits & Assistance
- AACOG Texas Veterans Network - Working to serve veterans, service members, and their families, by evaluating immediate needs and directing them to the network providers.
2700 NE Loop 410, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78217
- Comal County Veteran Services - Provides comprehensive knowledge of federal law (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations), Title 38, state laws and regulations applying to veterans and their dependents in obtaining all benefits to which they are entitled by law.
1297 Church Hill Drive, New Braunfels, Texas 78130
FAX (830) 620-3447
- Guadalupe County Veterans Service Office - Assists veterans and or their survivors in obtaining entitled benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the State of Texas.
1101 Elbel Rd., Schertz, TX 78154
- National Veterans Outreach Service Center - For information regarding: Texas Veterans Outreach Program, Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program, Veterans Integration Program, Homeless Female Veterans and Homeless Veterans with Families Program, Residential Center for Veterans and Stand Down information.
611 N. Flores, Suite 100, San Antonio, Texas 78205
FAX (210) 472-2248
- South Texas Veterans Health Care System (STVHCS) - Offers a variety of health services to meet the needs of our nation’s Veterans.
17440 Henderson Pass, San Antonio, TX 78232-1662
- Texas Veterans Legal Assistance Project - A Statewide project to expand the availability of legal assistance to low-income Texas Veterans and their families. To contact VLAP with your legal matter please call 1-800-622-2520, Option 2.
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Support group for people who are alcohol abusers and want to stop drinking.
8804 Tradeway, San Antonio, TX 78217
Business Line: (210) 821-6325
- CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate) - Advocates for abused and neglected children in the court system.
1619 E. Common, Suite 301, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Children Protective Services (CPS)
612 Jefferson St., Seguin, TX 78155
- Guadalupe County Children’s Advocacy Center - Provide children who have been sexually or physically abused help through forensic interviews, coordinating investigations, medical accompaniment, victim assistance and referrals.
424 N. River Street, Seguin, TX 78155
FAX (830) 303-4742
- Rural Area Parenting Program Services (RAPPS) - Parenting, anger management, & alcohol awareness classes.
664 North 123 By-Pass, Suite 2, Seguin, TX 78155
- Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid (TRLA) - Provides free legal services to low-income residents in the service area. The service area is made up of 68 counties total including Bexar, Comal and Guadalupe.
- Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
Naco Perrin Clinic, 4020 Naco Perrin, San Antonio, TX 78217