Police Permit Applications
Police Department Permits
The Police Department wants to ensure residents are not unnecessarily charged for false alarms on their homes or businesses, and screens those individuals who will be soliciting within the city by issuing alarm and solicitor permits.
- Residential Alarm Permit An alarm permit is required of any resident within the City of Schertz with an installed audible alarm system.
- Business Alarm Permit An alarm permit is required of any business within the City of Schertz with an installed audible alarm system.
- Solicitor Permit- A solicitor permit is required of any individual soliciting within the City of Schertz.
Environmental Health PERMITS
Environmental Health works to maintain the health of its residents in regards to food and pool safety by issuing permits for food establishments, mobile food vendors, temporary food events and individuals operating a commercial swimming pool. Permits are also issued for those families wishing to foster a child or children in their home within the City of Schertz.
- - A food establishment permit is required for those establishments operating within the City of Schertz.
- - A mobile food vendor permit is required for those vendors selling food and drinks from mobile units.
- - A temporary food event permit is required for any food establishment that operates for a period of no more than 14 consecutive days in conjunction with a single event or celebration.
- - A pool permit is required of those individuals operating a swimming pool within the City of Schertz.
- - A foster adoption permit is required of those individuals wishing to foster a child within the City of Schertz.
Animal Control Permits
Animal Control Services wants to ensure the safety of any domestic animal is maintained, and issues permits for a Guard or Sentry Dog(s) as well as Animal Establishment Permit for any person wishing to operate a commercial animal establishment.