A Spooky Social (Distanced)
something new is brewing, and it'll be ghoulishly fun. A wicked good time for everyone!
October 5-11: Jack-O-Lantern Jinx
October 12-18: Art Chalk-ula
October 19-25: Fangs for the Memories
October 26-31: Fa-BOO-Lous
October 31: Candy Cruisin' Treat Trail (business/group registration opens 09/25/2020)
OCTOBER 5-11: Jack-o-Lantern Jinx (Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest) - Sponsored by H-E-B
- Paint, Carve or Decorate a pumpkin of your choice
- Submit finished pumpkin photos via social media, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the online form.
- Prizes awarded in the following categories:
- Children (up to age 12)
- Adults (13 and older)
- Best Use of Materials (1 each age group)
- Best Decorated Entry (1 each age group)
- Best Carved Entry (1 each age group)
OCTOBER 12-18: Art Chalk-ula (Driveway Chalk Art Contest) - sponsored by H-E-b and abel's diner
- Families get creative!
- Transform your driveway or sidewalk into a work of art!
- Prizes awarded to the top three entries:
- 1st Place
- 2nd Place
- 3rd Place
OCTOBER 19-25: FANG FOR THE MEMORIES (PHOTO STATIONS)
- Say 'cheese'! Capture the family in four unique settings. Photo stations will be decorated and available for self-guided photos.
Station Location Theme Crescent Bend Nature Park Traditional Community Center Spooky Pickrell Park Dia de los Muertos Playscape Disney
OCTOBER 26-31: Fa-BOO-LOUS (Costume Contest) - sponsored by evo entertainment
- Dress yourself, your family, and/or your pet
- 1st and 2nd Place Prizes awarded in the following age categories:
1 year and under 6 years 11 years 2 years 7 years 12 years 3 years 8 years 13 years and older 4 years 9 years Group/Family 5 years 10 years Pet(s)
October 31: candy cruisin' treat trail - sponsored by the chamber-Schertz, Cibolo, Selma
The 'Drive-Thru' Treat Trail will be open from 12:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Halloween. Families are encouraged to dress in costume and follow the trail. Participating businesses will have their 'trunk' outdoors to share 'treats'. A map of participating businesses will be available on October 26.
BUSINESSES/GROUPS - If you would like to have a station on the Treat Trail, sign-up on CivicRec. Options for businesses/groups with no storefront are available. Questions, please call Schertz Parks & Recreation, (210) 619-1850.