Hotspot Circulation Policy
In partnership with Bexar County’s BiblioTech, the Schertz Public Library is pleased to announce that we have hotspots available to check out! Anyone who finds themselves without access to the Internet can check out a hotspot to be used at home. Uses include, but aren’t limited to:
- Conducting personal business
- Continuing with educational endeavors
- Participating in recreational opportunities
- Applying for jobs or benefits
- Continue operating businesses
This program has been funded for a twelve-month period with the hope that the Digital Divide further expanded by this pandemic, can be bridged. Many thanks to Bexar County’s BiblioTech.
Guidelines for Borrowing and Use
- Users over 18 years of age, with a valid Library card (Full Access or Digital) in good standing, are eligible to borrow a Hotspot.
- Only one Hotspot unit may be borrowed per household.
- If a unit is not available at the time of your visit to the Library, you may reserve one via our catalog.
- Hotspots check out for three weeks and can be renewed up to two times as long as there is no one waiting on the reserve list.
- Hotspots can only be checked out and returned to the circulation desk. DO NOT USE THE BOOK DROP.
- Borrowers, along with a library staff member, will verify that all accessories are present at the time of checkout and check-in (device, USB cable, power adapter, instructions.)
PLACE YOUR HOLD TODAY
Visit catalog.schertzlibrary.org and search ‘hotspot’ to place your hold on one today!
Fines and Liability
The overdue fine is $0.25 per day for a maximum of $1.00. When the hotspot reaches 1 day past due it will be deactivated, rendering the device unusable. The borrower is responsible for the costs associated with damage or loss of the hotspot and all accessories due to neglect or abuse. The complete replacement cost for the hotspot is $60.
Proper Care and Use
- As with any electronic device, do not leave the hotspot in a hot vehicle for an extended period of time.
- Do not remove the sim card for any reason.
- Do not leave the hotspot plugged in. Once it is fully charged, unplug it and let the battery run down before charging again (needs to be charged again once batter light is yellow). Please return the hotspot fully charged.
- Hotspots can only be checked out and returned to the Schertz Public Library circulation desk. DO NOT USE THE BOOK DROP.