What can I do if I am unable to pay my utility bill by the due date?

Customers may request an extension of time to pay their account for good cause. A customer is granted 2 extensions per calendar year. No account will be extended for a period which exceeds ten days after turn off date. There will be a $5.00 charge for each extension granted after the two allowed. Customers may come in to City Hall or call our business office (210) 619-1100 to process extension request.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for services?
2. Where do I go to set up service?
3. Is there a deposit required to set up residential and/or commercial services?
4. Can my deposit be waived?
5. How do I discontinue utility services?
6. Do I need to be here when services are connected or restored after a cutoff?
7. My water bill has been significantly higher than normal. Could this indicate that I have a leak?
8. Do you have a night drop box?
9. Do you offer a partial leak credit?
10. How do you calculate sewer average?
11. What if I fill my pool or had a leak during sewer averaging?
12. Can I pay my utility bill online?
13. What can I do if I am unable to pay my utility bill by the due date?
14. Who do I contact about missed garbage or bulk pickup?
15. When is the penalty notice issued and when is the fee applied?
16. What is the city’s policy when the due date falls on a weekend?
17. Does the city offer grace periods?
18. What are the billing cycle read dates, billing dates, due dates, penalty dates, and turn off dates?