Building Permit Applications
Once your application is complete, click here to submit it online.
- Building Application- for building additions or expansions, siding, gutters, fascia, fence, construction trailer, temporary structures, accessory buildings, decks, flat-work, patio covers, window replacement.
- New Residential Application- for new residential homes.
- New Commercial Application- for any new commercial buildings or structures and tenant finish out.
- Roof Application- for new/re-roof of residential and commercial projects.
- Plumbing/Irrigation Application- for plumbing and irrigation work.
- Electrical Application- for any electrical work.
- Mechanical Application- for any mechanical work.
- Swimming Pools Application- for above and in-ground swimming pools.
- Signs Application- for temporary & permanent signs being installed.
- Street Span Banner Application- for three locations only (1814 Schertz Parkway, 103 Schertz Parkway, and 146 First Street).
- Solar Panels Application- for re-installation and new installation.
- Home Occupation Application- for any business conducted in the home.
- Certificate of Occupancy Application- for new commercial tenants in new or existing buildings.
- Tree Permit Application- for any tree removal for commercial or new residential applications.
- Contracting Registration Application- all contractors performing work for which a permit is required in the City must be registered with the City of Schertz including general contractors and licensed trades.
- Engineer’s Registration Application- all engineers performing work for which a permit is required in the City must be registered with the City of Schertz.
- Mobile Home Park License Application- all Mobile Home Parks within the City are required to be licensed and registered with the City of Schertz.
- Permit Fee Schedule - a list of the fees for building permits and inspections
- City of Schertz Permit Fee Estimator- excel calculator utilized for determining a building permit fee estimate.
- 45 Day Wavier- a voluntary waiver of the 45 day permit processing requirement.
- Backflow Test Form- for a backflow test contractor to summit the backflow prevention assembly test and maintenance report.
- Request for Building Permit Extension- to request up to 6 months of time extension to an issued open permit.