Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
- 6:00 PM
- Council Chambers Bldg. 4
- The Capital Improvements Advisory Committee generally meets the fourth Wednesday of April and October in order to evaluate the Semi-Annual report. The Capital Improvements Advisory Committee can also meet on an as-needed basis.
Agenda & Minutes
Agendas are available prior the meetings. Minutes are available following approval. Semiannual Reports are available following City Council approval.
|Glen Outlaw, Chair||May 31, 2022|
|Ernest Evans Jr., Vice Chair||May 31, 2022|
|Richard Braud||May 31, 2023|
|Ken Greenwald||May 31, 2022|
|Gordon Rae||May 31, 2023|
|Earl Platt||May 31, 2022|
|Ricky Haynes||May 31, 2022|
|Bryan Jones||May 31, 2022|
|Mark Penshorn||May 31, 2022|
The Committee is comprised of nine members appointed by City Council. As allowed by the State Statue, the City's Planning and Zoning Commission, along with two additional members, act as the advisory committee. At least one member of the Committee must be a representative of the real estate, development, or building industry who is not an employee or official of the City and one member must be a representative of the extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ) of the City.
About the Committee
In accordance with Section 395.058 of the Texas Local Government Code, a Capital Improvement Advisory Committee is appointed by a political subdivision that desires to finance certain capital improvements (water, wastewater, roadways) with revenue generated by the charging of impact fees to new development.
The Capital Improvement Advisory Committee serves in an advisory capacity and is established to:
- Advise and assist the City in adopting land use assumptions;
- Review the capital improvements plans and file written comments;
- Monitor and evaluate implementation of the capital improvements plan;
- File semiannual reports with respect to the progress of the capital improvements plan and report to City Council and perceived inequities in implementing the plan or imposing the impact fees; and
- Advise the City Council of the need to update or revise the land use assumptions, capital improvements plan, and impact fees.