Movin on Main
Event Cancelled for April 5, 2020
WE’RE GETTING FIT,
WE’RE MOVIN ON MAIN.
This free, active event is intended to get folks out biking, running, or strolling through the city streets as a pedestrian of their own local thoroughfare. In partnership with the Schertz Family Y, we invite you to bring your bicycle, skateboard, stroller, and tennis shoes for an afternoon full of fitness demos, exercise stations, cycling, live music, health & wellness vendors, food & refreshments, and much more!
Sunday, April 5, 2020
12:00 - 4:00 PM
Schertz Main Street
Follow the event on Facebook to keep up to date on the latest event information.
Health & Wellness Vendors
Interested vendors may complete the MoM Wellness Vendor Application. Submission of the form does not guarantee participation.
Food & Drink Vendors
Interested vendors with Food Trucks/Carts may apply to participate. Please call 210.619.1850 for more information.
Main Street from Schertz Parkway to Lindberg Avenue will close at 8:00 AM so vendors may begin setting up for the event. Access to Main Street from Pfeil Street, Williams Avenue, Randolph Avenue, and First Street will be closed. The event route will remain closed until approximately 7:30 PM. Aztec Drive to Aviation Blvd will be open as a detour around Main Street.
Event parking is reserved at the Schertz Elementary Campus and at the Allison Steele Enhanced Learning Center.
LITTLE WHEEL PARADE
Decorate your bike and ride in style down the Movin on Main route in the Little Wheel Parade! All ages are welcome and family participation is encouraged. Pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call (210) 619-1850.
Meet at 817 Main St. at 2:15 PM. Parade starts at 2:30 PM
Prizes will be awarded for the winner of these 3 categories
- Most Creative- Family entry
- Most Creative - Individual entry
- Loudest little wheel entry (music, tin cans, etc.)
- Costumes may be worn but must not interfere with rider’s vision.
- Decorations must be attached firmly and not interfere with safe operation of unit.
- NO motorized bikes/cars are permitted for this event.
- Families can decorate and pull wagons. Scooters and bikes with or without training wheels are welcome.
- Entrants must ride their bike or walk along with it.
- Helmets are encouraged.
- Units must be in safe, operating condition.