Join The Department
The Schertz Police Department employs the most professional and qualified Texas Peace Officers to positively represent the City of Schertz and the law enforcement community. As of 2023, the Schertz Police Department has 56 sworn Peace Officers and does have a Reserve Officer program for those who are interested. To maintain its operational strength, the Department periodically conducts hiring processes when vacated positions become available. Positions frequently become available due to several reasons such as retirements, promotions, and personnel moves.
- How do I become a Texas Peace Officer?
- What if I'm already a commissioned peace officer from another state?
- Does the Schertz Police Department have a police academy?
- How do I become a Schertz Police Officer?
- What are the minimum qualifications for employment?
- What are disqualifications for employment?
- What benefits are offered as an employee?
- Where can I obtain an application?
- I still have questions. Whom can I contact to obtain more information?
- What is the hiring processes?